Kevin Harrington was one of the original Sharks during Season 1 of the hit show Shark Tank. His claim to fame is that he is one of the most successful pioneers of the "As Seen On TV" infomercials sales techniques. He wasn't the most charismatic shark on the show and was replaced in Season 2 by the wealthier, and more well known Mark Cuban. His theme of television sales success carried on with Lori Greiner, the Queen of QVC and home shopping sales. Unfortunately for him, within a year or two after he left, the show really took off and the other sharks like Kevin O'Leary, Barbara Corcoran, Daymond John, and Robert Herjavec have exponential increases in wealth, success, and fame.
Recently he's been mounting a comeback on social media (he's connected with me on LinkedIn and follows me on Twitter so that's cool) and several new entrepreneurial ventures. While he may not be the most well known shark in the tank, h. And he still has a net worth of around $450 Million which is just as high, or higher, than many of the other sharks. Here are some of my favorite motivational business quotes from Kevin Harrington:
1) "You only stay in front by coming up with ideas your new competitors haven't thought of yet.
2) "I've been a shark for 25 years. This is what I do every day - pick the winners and get rid of the losers."
3) "By the end of my first year in business, my new company had a staff of 25 employees, and we had sold $1 Million worth of air conditioners and furnaces. I was 19 years old."
4) "In business, growing fast is a pleasure. Growing too fast can be a curse."
5) "In a hot new industry, even the guy that starts out as the innovator and leader soon begins to feel the hounds nipping at his heels."
6) "In the television world it's all about eyeballs. Fewer eyeballs, fewer sales from infomercials."
7) "Some people take life as it comes; some grab it by the ears and shake and shake."
8) "Being born into poverty does not mean you are condemned to spending the rest of your life in poverty."
I hope you enjoyed these 8 great Kevin Harrington motivational business quotes. One of the original sharks still has his bite and he's coming back better than ever!
Want more Shark Tank Nation entrepreneurial wisdom?
Read My Posts:
- "8 Money Lessons From Kevin O'Leary"
- "8 Great Shark Tank Business Quotes"
As Always, Best Of Luck In Business To You All!
Michael J. Schiemer of Schiemer Consulting
Enthusiastic Entrepreneur & Owner of Frugal Business
Digital Marketing, Social Media, & Entrepreneurship on a Budget
HubSpot Inbound & Hootsuite SMM Certified
Mike Schiemer Builds Better Business
Share This Blog Post On Social Media: