I'm Mike Schiemer and I've been successfully using social media marketing for hundreds of businesses since 2003 (starting with AOL Instant Messenger and MySpace... oh how times have changed), so I know the lay of the land. I've used social selling to build businesses from scratch and take established corporations to the next level. You name it, I've done it.
You won't find a much bigger overall social media evangelist than me but I am also very aware that there are plenty of pitfalls to avoid. I've seen embarrassing corporate hashtag fails, fatal digital marketing management mistakes, and every flawed social media strategy under the sun. With competition more fierce than ever (and growing stronger every day) you can't afford to have a sub-par social media plan. Here are 10 terrific tips on social media marketing to help you avoid failure and effectively grow your business success.
1) Stand Out From The Pack!
2) Be Consistent With Posts & Interactions
3) Be Unique While Remaining Professional
4) Avoid Controversial Or Polarizing Topics If Possible
5) Have A Strong Presence On All Major Platforms
6) Connect With Major Brands & Industry Leaders
7) Don't Depend on Facebook Marketing For Everything
8) Focus On Driving Quality Traffic & Sales
9) Constantly Monitor, Analyze, and Evolve
10) Be Patient, It Takes Time!
Remember that Rome wasn't built in a day. Social media should be working for you but first you need to work for your social media success. For more elaboration on these social media marketing tips, follow my social media posts on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, LinkedIn, and Google+, as well as here on my Frugal Business blog.
I hope you enjoyed these simple yet effective tips to keep in mind for your successful social media marketing strategy.
Want Even More Reasons To Use Social Media Marketing For Your Business?
Read My Posts:
- Why Your Business Needs Social Media Marketing
- Get Growing With Google+
Best Of Luck In Business To You All!
Michael J. Schiemer of Schiemer Consulting
Bootstrap Business: Money - Marketing - Motivation
Digital Marketing | SEO | Social Media
Mike Schiemer Builds Better Business
Share This On Social Media: