One of the most famous books for both the battlefield and board room is The Art of War by Sun Tzu. Written about 2,500 years ago, this Chinese military treatise became very influential in both warfare and the business world. It's even become a must-read for many competitive sports professionals. The main lessons people in the corporate or startup world focus on include how to outsmart your rivals and avoid unnecessary "battles". There are countless tactical tips and interesting perspectives in this quick but thorough piece of literature. Here are some of my favorite motivational quotes:
1) "Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat."
2) "Appear weak when you are strong, and strong when you are weak."
3) "Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night."
4) "There is no instance of a nation benefiting from prolonged warfare."
5) "When you surround an army, leave an outlet free. Do not press a desperate foe too hard."
6) "In the midst of chaos, there is also opportunity."
7) "Every battle is won before it is fought."
8) "The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting."
I hope you enjoyed these 8 great motivational quotes by Sun Tzu in The Art of War. Now take those lessons to your business battleground!
Interested in more motivational business strategy?
Read My Posts:
- "How To Say NO In Business & YES To Success"
- "5 Crucial Characteristics For Startup Survival"
As Always, Best Of Luck In Business To You All!
Michael J. Schiemer of Schiemer Consulting
Enthusiastic Entrepreneur & Owner of Frugal Business
Digital Marketing, Social Media, & Entrepreneurship on a Budget
HubSpot Inbound Certified Marketer
HootSuite Social Media Marketing Certified
Mike Schiemer Builds Better Business
Share This Blog Post On Social Media: