Time for some more HubSpot Academy Inbound Certification notes! This section explains the importance of Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and its role within inbound methodology. This is an incredibly important section that can make or break your online business. It's crucial that you stay up to date on the ever-changing rules and policies of SEO (as dictated by Google for the most part).
1) Attract (Strangers): Blog, Keywords, Social Publishing
2) Convert (Visitors): Forms, CTA's, Landing Pages
3) Close (Leads): CRM, Emails, Workflows
4) Delight (Customers): Surveys, Smart Content, Social Monitoring. Then Customers Become Promoters!
Search Engine Optimization:
-Process of improving your website to attract more visitors from search engines.
-Part of the ATTRACT portion of Inbound Methodology
-Provide most relevant, useful, and trustworthy answers
-Spiders crawl sites looking for content and keywords
-List compiled based on relevant and useful content
-Pages ranked based on popularity and authority
-60% organic clicks go to top 3 organic search results
1) Keyword Research: Relevant to your business & industry
-Start with buyer personas and what keywords they'd use
-Who are they? What problems do they have? What are they searching for?
-Check Keywords.io or Google Webmaster for ideas
2) Expand that search by searching the web for alternatives
3) Determine what keywords people are using to find your site
4) Decide which keywords you have the best opportunity to rank for
Short Keyword: Vague, General, Harder to Rank For
Long Tail Keyword: String of words, more specific, easier to rank for. More qualified visitors.
Use Google Analytics or HubSpot keywords to determine what keywords people are using for your site, your keyword rank, and level of competition. Ideally you want high search volume and low competition
Categorize Keywords by Buyer's Journey Stage
(Make sure to speak Buyer Persona's language)
1) Awareness Stage: Problem based keywords
2) Consideration Stage: Solution Keywords
3) Decision Stage: Branded Keywords
Keyword Matching is now Intent Matching
Search Engines also look for searcher's intent and related pages. Vary:
-Plural or Singular
Optimize Your Page:
1) Optimize Your Page Around a Primary Keyword
-Should summarize your page
-Add primary keywords to page Title, meta description, URL, content, and images.
2) Include relevant links with the content
-Internal and some outbound links. Hyperlink on keywords you'd like to rank for.
3) Promote a good user experience / Optimize for mobile
4) Promote your content on social media
5) Get inbound links (Off-Page SEO)
-Make connections with authoritative sites / industry thought leaders
-Interviews, crowd-sourced content, best of lists
-Submit website to listing directories like Yellow Pages, Yelp, Google+ Business (if location specific), etc. Increases citations and mentions of your site even if no direct inbound links.
"10 Terrific Search Engine Optimization Quotes"
Best Of Luck In Business To You All!
Michael J. Schiemer of Schiemer Consulting
Enthusiastic Entrepreneur & Owner of Frugal Business
Digital Marketing, Social Media, & Entrepreneurship on a Budget
Mike Schiemer Builds Better Business
Share This Blog Post On Social Media: