Tim Cook had some incredibly large shoes to fill when he took over as Apple's CEO after Steve Jobs' illness and eventual passing in 2011. Cook helped Apple become one of the most valuable companies in the world, with an unbelievable recent market cap of nearly $800 billion. While Apple has been criticized as of late for not leading the charge in new technology (facing stiff competition in that department from Google, Samsung, Microsoft, Tesla, and Amazon to name a few), Tim Cook has displayed incredible business acumen and leadership. He's also a strong representative of leadership in the LGBT community of Silicon Valley, with other power players such as Peter Thiel. You can certainly learn a lot from his impressive career and management style. Here are some of my favorite quotes from Tim Cook, CEO of Apple:
1) "It's about finding your values, and committing to them."
2) "Some people see innovation as change, but we have never really seen it like that. It's making things better."
3) "Creativity and innovation are something you can't flowchart out."
4) "Life is fragile. We're not guaranteed a tomorrow so you have to give it everything you've got."
5) "Let your joy be in your journey - not in some distant goal.
6) "I learned that focus is key, not just in running a company, but in your personal life as well"
7) "To whom much is given, much is expected. I do believe this. It's embedded in me."
8) "I love museums but I don't want to live in one."
Now that is a great quote to end on. Don't ever get stale, rest on your laurels, or stop pushing the boundaries of greatness. If you stop innovating, you'll end up become an obsolete relic. You'll be history instead of creating history.
I hope you enjoyed these 8 great Tim Cook business quotes!
Need more business inspiration from Apple's finest?
Read My Posts:
8 Great Steve Jobs Business Quotes
Steve Jobs Biography by Walter Isaacson Review
Best Of Luck In Business To You All!
Michael J. Schiemer of Schiemer Consulting
Enthusiastic Entrepreneur & Owner of Frugal Business
Digital Marketing, Social Media, & Entrepreneurship on a Budget
Mike Schiemer Builds Better Business
Share This Blog Post On Social Media: