When it comes to SEO (Search Engine Optimization) authority, few people have more clout than Matt Cutts, the head of Webspam at Google. His words carry a lot of weight for SEO's across the US and worldwide because Google search results currently rule the web (and will continue to for the foreseeable future). While Google's algorithms and criteria are top secret and always evolving, you should still pay attention to his search engine optimization guidance:
1) "The objective is not to make your links appear natural; the objective is that your links are natural."
2) "If there's any site that you don't want to be associated with, you can just do a disavow."
3) "If you don't provide adequate disclosure of paid content, we're willing to go up to and including removing the publication from Google News."
4) "If there is a link selling site and they get caught for selling links, and they just happen to be linking to you, the value of the link that site was providing, it just goes away."
5) "Guest blogging is probably the sort of thing that you should be thinking about doing in moderation."
6) "Typically, any internal website links will not cause you any sort of trouble."
7) "It doesn't hurt you if you use a 301 (redirect)."
8) "You should always have a well-rounded portfolio of ways to get leads."
I hope you enjoyed these 8 great Matt Cutts SEO Quotes!
Want More SEO Business Wisdom?
Read My Posts:
"8 Great Rand Fishkin Digital Marketing Quotes"
"Ten Terrific Search Engine Optimization Quotes"
As Always, Best Of Luck In Business To You All!
Michael J. Schiemer of Schiemer Consulting
Enthusiastic Entrepreneur & Owner of Frugal Business
Digital Marketing, Social Media, & Entrepreneurship on a Budget
Mike Schiemer Builds Better Business
Share This Blog Post On Social Media: