Whether you loved him or hated him, Don Draper was an unforgettable character and business icon in the award-winning drama Mad Men. As an alpha male advertising professional, his character was all business and no BS. You could say that he's symbolic of the harsh realities in the business world, and his attitude is often similar to that of a Gordon Gekko or the ever practical Kevin O'Leary. Get back to reality with some of his simple advice.
1) "I have a life, and it only goes in one direction... forward."
2) "You want some respect? Go out and get it for yourself."
3) "Is that what you want? Or is that what people expect of you?"
4) "In my heart I know we can't be defeated, because there is an answer that will open the door."
5) "If you don't like what's being said, change the conversation."
6) "I'm living like there's no tomorrow because there isn't one."
7) "You're good. Get better. And stop asking for things."
8) "I don't believe in fate. You make your own opportunities."
I hope you enjoyed these great Don Draper business quotes from Mad Men! Now get back to work!
Want more advertising advice from memorable TV characters?
Read My Posts:
- Vince McMahon Business Quotes
- Bar Rescue & The Profit Business Quotes
As Always, Best Of Luck In Business To You All!
Michael J. Schiemer of Schiemer Consulting
Enthusiastic Entrepreneur & Owner of Frugal Business
Digital Marketing, Social Media, & Entrepreneurship on a Budget
Mike Schiemer Builds Better Business
Share This On Social Media: